British Retailer Features Boy with Down Syndrome in Christmas Ads
The response on the social-media site was so overwhelming that M&S enlisted the boy, 4-year-old Seb White, to pose for its catalogs.
Now, Seb will star in the M&S 2012 Christmas TV campaign too, with commercials running in Britain over the next six weeks.
White says she hopes the advertisement – directed by the specialist behind the music video for Beyonce’s hit “Single Ladies” – will help get rid of misconceptions surrounding Down syndrome.
“It says he is one of the cool kids too, that he is just like everyone else, and that’s how it should be,” she told The Times of London.
To read more about Seb White, check out this story in the Daily Mail.
- The Art of Activism: Raymond Hu
- Salah Foundation grant provides $200,000 for Global
- NIH DS-Connect registry unites Down syndrome community
- Sie Center’s new speech language pathologist Amanda Seligman
- For Vollbrachts, supporting Global is a family investment