Thanksgiving Message from Global Down Syndrome Foundation
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
THANK YOU for your wonderful support of our work and most importantly for believing in a brighter future for our children and adults with Down syndrome.
- Established the first national registry for people with Down syndrome through the National Institutes of Health
- Established the Down Syndrome Prenatal Testing Pamphlet in collaboration with the NDSC
- Launched an annual $1 million research grant program through the Crnic Institute
- Provided expert medical care to over 500 children with Down syndrome through the Sie Center for Down Syndrome at Children’s Hospital Colorado
- Provided critical educational training to 70 teams of parents and professionals representing 28 schools
- Trained and organized 500 self-advocates and their family members to meet with their legislative representatives in Washington DC
- Launched three new programs for people with Down syndrome and maintained seven others
- Successfully held the Be Beautiful Be Yourself Fashion Show fundraisers in Denver and Washington DC
- Co-organized the first Alzheimer’s disease-Down syndrome scientific summit with the national Alzheimer’s Association
YOU have enabled us to be positive agents of change. We cannot thank you all enough for making our work possible!
As you reflect on life and family over the Thanksgiving weekend, and consider your year-end giving, I hope you will consider helping us to fulfill a year-end goal to support our newest initiative – the establishment of the first Alzheimer’s disease clinical care center in Colorado. In fact it will be the only one in a 600-mile radius of Denver! If you donate by December 4th to our Colorado Gives Day site, your donation will be matched dollar for dollar.
For our friends in the US and Americans abroad, have a wonderful (and safe!) Thanksgiving holiday!
With much gratitude,
Michelle Sie Whitten and the team at Global Down Syndrome Foundation
- The Sie Center – 1,000 Patients in 3 Years
- BioFrontiers Institute Launches Inaugural Sie Post-doctoral Fellowship Program; Research Will Focus on Improving the Lives of People with Down syndrome
- Come Join Us at the NDSC Convention in Indianapolis
- Q&A with Dr. Tamim H. Shaikh
- High School Senior Katie Shore Raises Awareness and Funds for Global Down Syndrome Foundation