Current Job Openings
Global Down Syndrome Foundation Overview
Global Down Syndrome Foundation (Global) is a public not for profit 501(c)3 providing funding, outreach and advocacy in support of the Linda Crnic Institute for Down Syndrome (Crnic Institute) and the Anna and John J. Sie Center for Down Syndrome (Sie Center). Global’s mission is to significantly improve the lives of people with Down syndrome through research, medical care, education and advocacy.
Global’s key areas of work are:
- Development including strategic initiatives, fundraising and friend-raising
- Advocacy including government advocacy and general awareness
- Communication, Public Relations & Marketing
- Event Management including the Be Beautiful Be Yourself fashion shows
- Community Outreach including health and fitness programs
Global’s primary activity is in Colorado. Secondary markets include the DC area. Future plans include having an affiliated national and international presence.
- Create and maintain program timelines, ensuring communication of all important dates and deadlines with relevant Global staff
- Make calls, send emails, stop by local businesses to ask to donate food, games, decorations, etc for day of program events
- Assist and, when appropriate, run meetings to foster excellent team communication and coordination for each event, ensuring that every event is adequately and appropriately staffed and all Global staff understand their individual responsibilities
- In conjunction with appropriate Global staff, manage all program vendor relationships including florists, auctioneers, designers, valets, photographer/videographers, and printers
- In conjunction with Director of Website and Information, assist with all program related print material creation and production
- Provide training and oversight to program volunteers
- Create post-program reports with input from relevant staff, vendors, and volunteers to include areas of success, improvement, follow-up items, and an analysis of financials and attendance
- Ensure follow-up items for completed programs are completed timely by the appropriate person
- Create and maintain all program registration lists utilizing Global in-house templates, ensure lists are matched to the reality of who participates, and provide final participation list as part of event close-out report to Executive Director
- Work with Executive Director and development staff to ensure proper donor recognition is created at each program
- Work with Executive Director and development staff to drive program attendance
- Work with PR/Communications and Executive Director to draft program talking points if appropriate
- Work with Director of Website and Information to update program information on website as appropriate
Financial & Analysis
- Work with Senior Director of Operations and Government Affairs to define and work towards meeting each program budget
- Work with Senior Director of Operations and Government Affairs to create post-program analysis and comparisons of relevant data, such as cost per person, participation numbers, net revenues, etc.
- Review all vendor invoices for accuracy
- Assist with assessment of strategic and financial viability of new programs
Day of Event
- Attend and oversee all Global programs
- Assist with program registrations including inputting sign-ups into spreadsheets, ensure forms are completed, and calling or emailing as appropriate for missing information
- Assist with set-up at the auditions, food, beverages, check-in, handouts, venue, etc.
- Ensure event is appropriately staffed, utilizing both Global staff and volunteers
Global’s Health & Wellness Programs
Dare to Play Soccer Camp – in conjunction with Regis University and the Rapids MLS Team
Dare to Play Football Camp – in conjunction with Ed McCaffrey and Valor Christian High School
Dare to Cheer Camp – in conjunction with the Denver Bronco Cheerleaders
Be Beautiful Be Yourself Dance Class – in conjunction with the Colorado Ballet
Be Beautiful Be Yourself Fitness Class – in conjunction with Littleton Pure Barre
Healthy Bodies – safety and dance class
Dare to Play Tennis Camp – in conjunction with Gates Tennis Center
National HS Soccer Franchise
Dare to Paint Class – in conjunction with Neiman Marcus and Canvas & Cocktails
Other TBD dance classes – in conjunction with Colorado Ballet
- High ethical standards, maintains high level of confidentially
- Handles themselves in a professional manner including during pressurized situations
- Excellent work ethic and positive disposition
- Ability to multi-task
- Sound judgment in terms of problem solving and knowing when to ask for direction versus when to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with people with Down syndrome
- Works effectively with individuals at all levels in organizations
- Attention to detail and rigorous follow-through
- Strong ability to finalize deliverables on time and correctly
- Skilled with Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
Staff & Reporting Structure
Reports to Senior Manager of Health and Wellness
Works in conjunction with the Anna and John J. Sie Foundation staff and Global Down Syndrome Foundation staff (shared office space) financial personnel that handle the Foundation’s accounting and financial organization and documentation
Commensurate with experience. Expenses will be reimbursed only if pre-approved in writing by the Senior Director of Operations and Government Affairs.
Mondays through Fridays from 9:00am – 6:00pm. Requires occasional work on evenings/weekends for programs/events.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Global Down Syndrome Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity in full compliance with all federal, state, and local laws. The foundation’s policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment and provides equal employment opportunity regarding race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, height, weight, or military status and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply, email cover letter and resume to Michelle Livingston, Global’s Senior Director of Operations and Government Affairs, at email@example.com. No phone inquiries.