About the Anna and John J. Sie Foundation
The Anna and John J. Sie Foundation is the founding donor of the Global Down Syndrome Foundation, the Linda Crnic Institute for Down Syndrome, the Anna and John J. Sie Center for Down syndrome and provides support for various other non-profits in Colorado and around the world. The Foundation’s main areas of grant giving are Down syndrome, International Security and Diplomacy, Education, Arts and Culture, and Media.
The Anna and John J. Sie Foundation is a leader in funding programs and organizations that are dedicated to improving the lives of people who have Down syndrome. In just three years, the Foundation has committed a majority of its corpus to Down syndrome-related grants and endowments, including funding for the Linda Crnic Institute for Down Syndrome and the Crnic Institute’s Anna and John J. Sie Center at the Children’s Hospital Colorado. The Crnic Institute is the first academic home that is exclusively dedicated to highest quality basic, clinical and developmental research, medical care, education and advocacy for people with Down syndrome.
Each year, the Foundation awards support to numerous non-profits. Below is an abbreviated list of the non-profits the Foundation has supported in the past. The list is comprised of Down syndrome-specific organizations or non-profits that have programs serving the differently-abled. The Foundation is a private family foundation that does not accept unsolicited proposals.
- Adams Camp
- Anna’s Angels
- Arc Thrift
- Children’s Hospital Colorado
- Colorado Cross-Disability Coalition
- Democracy in Action – Mayoral Debate on Disability Issues
- Denver Academy
- Denver Options
- Developmental Pathways
- Down Syndrome Affiliates In Action
- Down Syndrome Educational Trust USA
- Global Down Syndrome Foundation
- Glory Community
- Ireland Down Syndrome Congress
- Keshet of the Rockies
- Linda Crnic Institute for Down Syndrome
- Mile High Down Syndrome Association
- National Down Syndrome Congress
- National Down Syndrome Society
- Parent Education and Assistance for Kids – PEAK Inclusion Conference
- Rise School
- Sewall Child Development Center, Inc.
- Sie Center for Down Syndrome
- Special Olympics Inc.
- The John Lynch Foundation – Salute to the Stars Scholarships
- The Joshua School
- Thomas Center for Down Syndrome, Cincinatti Children’s Hospital
- University of Denver – Fisher Early Learning Center
- University of Denver, Morgridge College of Education
- University of Colorado, School of Medicine