Linda Crnic Institute for Down Syndrome: Mission, Vision and Values
• Significantly improve the lives of all people with Down syndrome.
• Eradicate the ill effects associated with Down syndrome (having an extra chromosome 21).
• Provide the world’s first “cradle-to-cradle”,fully integrated institute for Down syndrome with the highest quality basic, translational and clinical research, clinical trials, therapeutic development, medical care, education and advocacy in the pursuit of the mission.
• Change the paradigm of how people with Down syndrome are perceived by society
Serve as the translational research gold standard for both the Anschutz Medical Campus and worldwide.
• Excellence: Hire and inspire the best management team, scientists and medical talent that dedicate their lives to making a difference for people with Down syndrome.
• Leadership: Lead with clarity of vision and implementation. Have courage to embark down new paths, have new ideas and to measure outcomes. Inspire others to join a movement for people with Down syndrome.
• Respect and Trust: Hold the highest regard for children and adults with Down syndrome and their families. Earn and maintain the trust of our patients, families, scientific communities and our partners.
• Hope: Inspire hope in people with Down syndrome, their families, caregivers and all who touch their lives.
• Accountability: Hold the highest standard of accountability for our scientific outcomes, to our donors and investors, and above all, to people with Down syndrome, and all who touch their lives.
• No research institute has declared the full solution of the DS genetic disorder as it’s goal.
• No medical institute encompasses basic scientific research, clinical trials and medical health care under one roof.
Why the Crnic Institute Will Succeed
• Unique Vision and Right Timing.
• Committed Partners.
• Leadership and resources to attract and retain excellent faculty and staff who have the ability and desire to make a difference for people with Down syndrome.
• Focus on the protection of people with Down syndrome and results-oriented accountability.
• Experience in enlightened public/private partnerships
• Global Down Syndrome Foundation support
• People with Down syndrome deserve fundamental human and civil rights